Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Covet thy (Diaper) Bag

I'm an accessories whore. I prefer to buy them over clothing any day of the week. My wardrobe is very limited, and even more so since I refuse to buy ANYTHING until I reach my pre-baby weight. My bag collection, however, is a smorgasbord of kitschy, classic and everything in between. None of which now work, as a working mamma. All of which work, according to my husband.

I'm struggling with what to carry. I carried my LV Delightful for a full year, every stinkin' day, before Baby O was born. And now I float a wallet and a dated coach wristlet between my diaper bag and work bag. Both of which I love, but I'm looking for an update.

I don't think I'm going to get away from the work bag. Outside of an outrageous LV tote (and don't think I haven't been tempted...Merry Christmas HINT HINT here it is), there is nothing that will hold my laptop and my lady stuffs more elegantly than what I currently own.

On the other hand, I covet thee Storksak Olivia, but cannot fathom spending $200 (or $345, you know, whatever) on a diaper bag. But I did anyway. Because I could buy it at Buy-Buy Baby and used my 20% Bed Bath and Beyond coupon to knock that baby down to $165. Perfectly reasonable.

And now I'm perfectly happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment